!!!RESOLVED!!! monedance stopped syncing to dropbox july 27

gary

29 Jul, 2018 12:00 PM

1 MAC 2 iPhones all stopped syncing on the 27th. I see several others have the same issue. Please advise. we sync directly to dropbox not sure on MAC version 2017.6 (1639) on iPhones latest version.

UPDATE

issue resolved after I upgraded my MAC version to the latest version they came out with on the 26tgh, renamed the .MoneyDanceSync to .OLD_MoneyDanceSync and opened the new version and allowed it to create the new update catalog.

1. 1 Posted by drjoebav on 29 Jul, 2018 01:17 PM

Thanks Gary - that worked for me too...

2. 2 Posted by UxR on 29 Jul, 2018 01:38 PM

indeed this worked for me too. thank you Gary!

3. 3 Posted by donmcall on 29 Jul, 2018 02:24 PM

And me!! Thanks Gary you are a star!!

4. 4 Posted by WILL_SGD on 29 Jul, 2018 02:45 PM

Thanks this worked! I wonder if we can delete .OLD_MoneyDanceSync?

5. 5 Posted by Devon Hood on 29 Jul, 2018 03:19 PM

Gary,

Where do I find where the MoneyDanceSync file is stored? Ive searched all over my Mac and I can't find it.

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jul, 2018 03:59 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

From your computer sign into your Dropbox account and you should find a folder called ".moneydancesync" note the period at the start of the folder name.

Hope this helps

7. 7 Posted by drjoebav on 29 Jul, 2018 04:18 PM

Devon,
    It’s in Dropbox.

8. 8 Posted by Glen Christense... on 29 Jul, 2018 05:28 PM

I had the same problem and this process from the developer fixed the issue:

Hi Glen,
    Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered when syncing your data with the Moneydance mobile app. Can you try to resetting your syncing connection completely and see if setting up fresh allows a successful connection? This will involve disabling the current sync settings, deleting all trace of the sync from Dropbox, then setting up again from scratch -
    First disable Dropbox syncing in Moneydance via File --> Syncing, then close Moneydance.
    Using the Dropbox app or website interface, delete the .moneydancesync folder in your Dropbox folder.
    Then re-open Moneydance and re-enable Dropbox syncing via File --> Syncing.
    Sign out of Dropbox syncing on the Moneydance app on your mobile device and reconnect.
    If you have any un-synced transactions on your mobile devices then this process will delete any transactions not stored in the main data set. You'll want to manually enter any transactions like this before following the steps.
    Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

9. 9 Posted by Amy Johnson on 03 Aug, 2018 09:42 PM

Any advice appreciated. Tried the steps above, and now NOTHING happens when I click File->Syncing... in Moneydance on my Mac.

10. 10 Posted by John Sawyers on 13 Aug, 2018 09:17 PM

I have tried everything--most recently Ian's suggestion posted by Glen C. Nothing works. Every time I open MoneyDance on my iPhone I get the same message: "Sync anywhere there's a network connection using encrypted files in Dropbox"

11. 11 Posted by jonh on 08 Sep, 2018 07:09 PM

Thank you Ian, this fixed my problem.

12. 12 Posted by hsc on 06 Dec, 2018 08:14 PM

on my second computer when I select the folder to do sync, it asks me to enter paraphrase, but then Finish button isn't selected!!!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac