Syncing between Mac's

Greg

12 Jun, 2018 01:50 AM

Can my wife and I sync the data in Moneydance between our two MacIntosh's?

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 12 Jun, 2018 07:05 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Moneydance 2017 has an inbuilt sync engine which allows you to work on the same data set on two computers and on mobile devices at different or even at the same time.

Make sure both computers are running the latest released build of 2017 from https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

You have a number of options regarding the syncing method. The syncing method “Shared Folder” can be used with a number of cloud storage systems but does not allow connection to a mobile device such as a phone. The other two syncing methods need a Dropbox Account, at least the free version. The best and most flexible option is called “Dropbox Folder”. However, if you did not purchase direct, but purchased through Apple, due to one of the restrictions Apply impose on Moneydance, you will have to use “Dropbox Connect”. Dropbox Folder requires you to download and install Dropbox Client on all your computers.

When syncing with 2017 you have a primary and a secondary computer. The data set is stored in the default location on the hard drive of your primary computer.
    Your second computer does not have the same data set as the primary computer. Its data set is created from data synced via Dropbox folder “.moneydancsync” created automatically by the primary computer.

To set up syncing read the following articles http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data

Hope this helps.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac