No longer synching between Mac and iPhone

agildogs

19 Oct, 2017 05:37 PM

MoneyDance is not syncing between my Mac and iPhone. I tried tried turning off sync on my iPhone and when I selected DropBox to set it up again, it's listing 4 files, the newest dated almost a week ago. I pretty much use the iPhone app daily and I've used the desktop app several times in the past week.

Also when I selected wifi, it suggests using DropBox, but the instructions are not accurate. It says to ad the Network Synchronizer Extension. Which doesn't seem to exist...

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Oct, 2017 08:21 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

You don’t state which version/build you are running, see under HELP – ABOUT MONEYDANCE. For example I am running 2017.5(1639).
    You don't state which version of the APP your Phone is running.
    As a guess take a look at this article to see if it address your problem, if not post again see http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/older-versions/dropbox-connection-p...

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by agildogs on 20 Oct, 2017 10:38 PM

iPhone app is up to date. MoneyDance is 2017.5 (1639).

I'm not getting any error messages and it doesn't appear that the article is relevant to my situation.

I am also missing data on my Mac app that I entered recently...

Thanks.

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 21 Oct, 2017 07:39 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

In your first post you state “Also when I selected wifi, it suggests using DropBox, but the instructions are not accurate. It says to ad the Network Synchronizer Extension. Which doesn't seem to exist..”

I understand Monydance did offer the sync option wifi, but discontinued it a long time ago. Certainly, it’s not an option in 2017. If resetting syncing described below does not help the can you give more information at what stage of setting up sync and on what device you are seeing this message. Under FILE – SYNCING what syncing method have you selected?

First I would try resetting your syncing as follows.

If you have any transactions on your Moneydance APP that have not been sync back to Moneydance on your computer you will need to enter them manually into your computer or they will be lost.
    On your phone with Moneydance shutdown on your computer click on “Disconnect” (if connected) under settings on your Moneydance APP and then close the APP.
    Using the Dropbox app or website interface, delete the .moneydancesync folder in your Dropbox folder.
    Then re-open Moneydance and wait for the .moneydancesync folder and its contents to be recreated in Dropbox. This may take some time. Watch the Dropbox icon and wait till it states “Up to Date”.
    Open and reconnect your Moneydance iPhone APP to resync your data.
    Detail of syncing can be found at http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data/syncing-wi...

Hope this helps

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac