Folder in Dropbox is piling up files...

Fabio Marzocca

11 Aug, 2017 09:41 AM

Hi,

I am a registered user of Moneydance on Mac (v. 2017.2). Everything is fine with my sync and I am really happy on how things are gone with this application.

I have just one issue: on Dropbox, in the folder .moneydancesync/d5aa...../v3, everytime I edit my account a noew file is added. CUrrently I have a list of more than 200 files in that folder! Should I leave them there? Will they get deleted sooner or later?

Thanks,

Fabio

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 11 Aug, 2017 01:02 PM

Hi Fabio,

Than you for contacting us.
    When you enable syncing in Moneydance, it creates a unique folder for the currently open data set in a special (hidden) folder.
    Moneydance reads and writes to that folder in such a way that there will never be any conflicts. Filenames are unique and the data is encrypted using your sync key. All changes are recorded in this folder and if any of the changes cause conflicts then they are resolved by checking timestamps that are internal to the file (ie not the file modification date). Those are the files that you see in that folder, they are called .mdtxn files and they are created when there are any changes to your data set. These files should be periodically integrated into the main data file.

The latest update limits the amount of these files.
    You can upgrade to the latest version 2017.4 of Moneydance from here:

https://infinitekind.com/downloads

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by fabio on 11 Aug, 2017 01:26 PM

Henry,
    thank you very much. I am going to update!

Best

Fabio

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac