Investment Report - Duplicated Account

rayplayer

17 Feb, 2019 02:24 PM

I have two Easyshare accounts (RP) and (SP) both holding BT shares. I have just run the Investment Performance report and notice the (RP) account is duplicated? The duplicate (RP) account has no shares but I recognise the income entry as a recent dividend? I also notice the value of the account mirrors that of the (SP) account?

I thought perhaps a rogue account had crept into the system but looking under tools/accounts that is clearly not the case.

I am running build 2019.1 (1855).

1. 1 Posted by rayplayer on 20 Feb, 2019 02:21 PM

Hi any thoughts on this please.

2. 2 Posted by rayplayer on 02 Mar, 2019 01:38 PM

Hello Infinite Kind, is anybody there?

3. 3 Posted by rayplayer on 11 Mar, 2019 11:23 AM

Hi Infinite Kind, this is very disappointing - not even an acknowledgment.

I have switched to using the Investment Reports Extension where there are no duplicated accounts - which proves there is an issue with Moneydance. However, the Investments Reports Extension is picking up cash balances that differ from the figures I know are correctly reflected in Moneydance – so using the extension does not resolve.

Something is not right - could my file be corrupted and what is the best way to resolve that?

Would appreciate some help please.

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 11 Mar, 2019 01:02 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Your first thought two investment account with the same name seems the most likely.
    In the Investment Performance report double click on the rogue investment accounts Non-ISA BT Easyshare (RP) to open a transaction window. This may give a clue to what’s going on.

Hope this helps.

5. 5 Posted by rayplayer on 15 Mar, 2019 09:47 AM

Hi Derek, thanks for the response and the tip but all it does it open the Non-ISA BT Easyshare (RP) account as you'd expect - proving there is not actually a duplicated account.

I have since concluded this is another 'feature' of MoneyDance reporting which clearly can not be trusted.

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 15 Mar, 2019 09:55 AM

I am not having any problems with Investment Performance report running 2019.2(1860).
    Are you getting the same duplication in any other reports?

7. 7 Posted by rayplayer on 15 Mar, 2019 05:43 PM

If I run the account balances report all seems well - no duplicated accounts or values.

However, if I run the portfolio report there is one entry for the Easyshare Account (RP) which correctly states the number of shares and value, but there is an extra line as well with the shares and value from the (SP) account? Which is clearly wrong.

There is also an entry in the report for the Easyshare Account (SP), which is correctly shown.

8. 8 Posted by derekkent23 on 15 Mar, 2019 05:59 PM

Try this.
    In the Investment Performance report click EDIT - RESET - NONE, then tick the items to be included in the report.

Hope this helps.

9. 9 Posted by rayplayer on 15 Mar, 2019 06:02 PM

Hi Derek, appreciate your help - unfortunately no change.

10. 10 Posted by derekkent23 on 15 Mar, 2019 06:08 PM

OK give up, this one is for support

SUPPORT CAN YOU STEP IN, Thanks

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Investment_Performance_Duplicated_Account.pdf 184 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac