security price graph

sberger71

07 Nov, 2018 06:21 PM

How can I change the range of dates for a security price graph? All of the security price graphs start on 01/2012.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 09 Nov, 2018 07:07 PM

Hi sberger71,

It is my understanding that the security graph is fed by data held in the 'History' table of the given security.

Click the 'History' button in the upper right-hand quadrant of the 'Securities Detail' tab.
    In the resulting 'History' window, there are the following options 'New', Remove', Clear All and Import.
    Clicking on 'Import' provides instructions on importing from transactions or importing from a file.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by sberger71 on 09 Nov, 2018 11:23 PM

Kevin N.

Thanks for the response.

Your suggestion does not work for my situation, unfortunately. My problem is that the graph starts in 2012 (see attached photo file) but my purchases only started this year.

I need to change the range so that the first date on the X-axis is a date closer to the first purchase date, for example, Jan 1, 2018).

Any suggestions?

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 10 Nov, 2018 12:06 AM

Hi sberger71,

I take it there are no obvious 2012 entries in the History table for you to 'Remove'?

If not, then you may want to make a copy or backup of your data file (for safety's sake).

Then use the 'Clear All' button to wipe the history table.
    You could then use either of the two 'Import' options to repopulate the history table.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac