Investment Portfolio View Not Using Latest Price

pdorai

13 Oct, 2018 09:20 PM

Hi,
I recently switched to MoneyDance. For investments, the portfolio view is using the price/share from the recent transaction as opposed to the most recent price/share value in the Security History window that was updated using Hleofxquotes build 209 and then imported as QIF file.
How do I make the portfolio view reflect true current value based on current stock price?

I am using MoneyDance Version 2017.8 (1691)

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 13 Oct, 2018 10:56 PM

just a user,

open up the security history and check the current price shown.
    Also if you use the Security Price Entry extension, you can bump all the current prices

Here is the explanation from MD support

The reason why the most recent price is not used is that the current price might be newer. For example if you use the quotes and exchange rates extension to automatically download price information the price history contains prices form the end of days trading. Where as the current price might be form today int he last 15 mins.

Ben Spencer
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by pdorai on 14 Oct, 2018 01:55 AM

Thanks very much. The security history has the current prices. However, that is not used in the portfolio view. The other option of using security price extension did change it, when I updated just a few of those.

But is there a way to automate it? It doesnt make sense to keep entering prices manually in the security price entry extension. It looked like the option of using the Hleofxquotes build along with either importing it or using the companion tool to import was the only option. Thats how I updated the security price history, but that didnt seem to solve the problem. Is there a way to populate all prices in security price entry extension?

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 14 Oct, 2018 02:13 AM

Hi pdorai,

There is a free, third-party Quote Loader extension that has been developed by Moneydance user Mike Bray and forum member hleofxquotes.

You can read up on it here. There is an attached PDF file created by forum member Derekkent23 with all the information and links that you need to get it set up and running.
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/investments/3771-third-par...

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac