AlphaVantage HKD Securities

jolliffe

12 Aug, 2018 05:16 AM

OK, I am really struggling with the Stock Price update from Alphavantage. My securities are in HKD, but seems the price downloaded in USD (see screenshot, actual price of this security is 23.95HKD (=3.03 USD), downloaded value is 3.03.
Is this a problem with Alphavantage, the extension, or my setup?

1. 1 Posted by jolliffe on 12 Aug, 2018 05:17 AM

Not sure why my attachment doesn't appear, retrying.....

2. 2 Posted by jolliffe on 12 Aug, 2018 05:21 AM

It's probably a separate issue, but the problem is made worse by the fact that the extension seems to download months worth of such wrong information. And then moneydance is very weird about allowing me to delete such wrong information.

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 12 Aug, 2018 11:52 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Hi jolliffe
    I am using a free stand-alone program that was originally developed to help out users of MS Money when Microsoft stopped supporting that product. The developer is actively supporting this software and has adapted it to work with Moneydance. This current build very stable and the quotes very consistent. Quote can be obtained for stocks & funds, from many stock exchanges US, Canada, UK, Europe and Australia to name but a few. The ability to convert quotes from one currency to another. Provide a means for importing all this data into Moneydance. You can also import exchange rates along with your security prices. The program is in java, like Moneydance and thus runs on Windows, Mac and Linux computers.

I entered the symbols for your security VG AsiaXJ EFT (2805) and a price in HKD was returned, see screen shot.

Take a look at his thread and download the PDF outlining how to use the program and link to download the program. Post 236 in this thread.
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/investments/3036-third-par...

Let us know how this program performs for you and post if you have any problems.

Hope this helps

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac