Stocks not downloading again

bonniemitch

04 Aug, 2018 11:58 PM

As of July 19th the stock prices stopped downloading again. iMac High Sierra 10.13.6 MD 2017.8 (1691) ext.1018 Q & ER

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by pickrainbow7 on 16 Aug, 2018 05:09 AM

I would like to hear from IK Support on what they're thinking. how about you?

2. 32 Posted by Jay on 16 Aug, 2018 05:21 AM

This is now worse than ever. No only is the securities price update not working but now Moneydance will not retain the manual price entries I make since August 9.

3. 33 Posted by dathome on 16 Aug, 2018 11:57 AM

Exactly the same problem here. I went to the trouble of manually importing data and everything looked good. Then the next day all the imported data was gone and had been replaced by the bad data from Alphadvantage.

PLEASE FIX ASAP

4. 34 Posted by Mike V. on 17 Aug, 2018 04:58 PM

dathome,

Have you tried uninstalling the Quote extension so that it does not try to download prices from Alphadvantage?

MikeV

5. 35 Posted by Jay on 17 Aug, 2018 09:42 PM

Thank you very much Mike! I did as you suggested and uninstalled the Moneydance Quote extension (why is it even available if it is damaging, never mind ineffective) and followed the PDF re: installing hleofxquotes and your Security Price Load extension. Works fine with Canadian stocks/exchanges. The only criticism I would have is placement of the help box regarding entering of Moneydance Symbols that differ from the Quote Source Symbols on the bottom of page 3 of the PDF. Would be nice to have it on page 2 when entering the symbols in the hleOfxQuotes window.

Thanks again!

6. 36 Posted by derekkent23 on 17 Aug, 2018 10:13 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Hi Jay

Point taken, regarding the help box concerning entering of Moneydance Symbols that differ from the Quote Source Symbols. Its move to page 2 and will be included in the next release of the PDF.

Really glad the hleofxquotes program and Mike Brays (not Mike V) extension has worked for you.

I suggest to go to the main threat here http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/investments/3036-third-par...

And make certain the “SUBSCRIBE TO UPDATES” box is tick so you don’t miss out on a major change that is in development.

7. 37 Posted by Jay on 18 Aug, 2018 05:51 AM

My apologies to Mike Bray for that oversight, credit should be given where due. Thank you Mike Bray for the extension.

8. 38 Posted by Mike V. on 18 Aug, 2018 05:31 PM

Mike Bray is da' man!

MikeV

9. 39 Posted by Christian S. on 19 Aug, 2018 12:28 AM

I am having the same problem. This extension is completely unreliable.

Hey Infinitite Kind: What are you doing about it????

10. 40 Posted by dathome on 19 Aug, 2018 09:58 AM

I'm getting a bit annoyed now. So the quote downloader that uses Alphadvantage is now useless. OK. So I decide to stop using it, uninstall it, and manually import data from my broker equity by equity. All good. WELL NOT QUITE. I can import the data but whenever I close and reopen Moneydance the data I have imported disappears. WTF. What can I do now. I currently have no way of keeping stock prices up to date.

INFINITE KIND FIX THIS NOW.

11. 41 Posted by dwg on 19 Aug, 2018 10:07 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The problem with keeping prices has been reported in other threads, it is reportedly corrected in a latter preview release but there appears to be a problem in posting this release to the preview site.

Reverting back to the previous stable release should correct the price saving issue for now.

https://infinitekind.com/stabledl/2017.7.1_1671/

12. 42 Posted by dathome on 19 Aug, 2018 10:22 AM

Thanks dwg.

13. 43 Posted by Mike V. on 19 Aug, 2018 04:41 PM

I am using iMac High Sierra 10.13.6 MD 2017.8 (1691), hleofxquotes 219, and Bray's securitypriceload.mxt 2041

I run hleofxquotes jar to load the current prices of all my securities, save to a MD cvs, run the securitypriceload extension in MD to update the prices. Everything stays current.

It is crucial that the MD Quotes loader NOT be installed.

HTHs

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac