Thank you Kevin. The preview build does resolve that problem. Now, if only someone will find a way to get automatic security price updating back or some other way to workaround the loss of data capability from Yahoo!
The new extension (V1009) running with the preview version (2017.6 - 1655) was working fine - until i updated for last night’s closing prices. Almost all (but not all) of my UK listed share portfolio ended up being priced as if they were GBP Pounds and not GBP Pence, so these are all showing at 100th of their value. There is the option of using either, but they were all working fine this past week using London Stock Exchange (Pence), except for two for which the feed is in Pounds. Now its a dogs breakfast.
Likely to be some kind of issue between intra-day and end of day files ?
As a side issue as it looks like you are a UK investor is Alpha Vantage supporting all your Securities. I am finding poor support for my UK\Ireland\Europe domiciled Funds. I am experimenting with a third-party program that allows me to import into Moneydance and out of 42 funds it finds 37.
thanks. I seem to remember that this issue (that of some price feeds on UK stocks varying between pence and pounds depending on the time of day) was prevalent in an excel tool I used to use before I converted over to Moneydance.
Frustrating thing is the new moneydance extension was working fine for more than a week, and all 37 of my stocks were returning correct prices each time i ran it. i think it does have something to do with end of day vs. intraday pricing conventions being different.
The security price loader extension provided by Mike Bray works, but it requires manual manipulation which is a bit of a faff.
There is an option in the exchange filed for London exchange pence and London exchange GBP. If choosing the correct one of these and the quote is still downloading incorrectly, you can double-click on the exchange field in the extension and an edit window pops-up. One of the options is to add a multiplier. You can use this to automatically adjust the downloaded price.
Let me know if I should start a separate discussion, but I am unable to download historical prices with MD v2017.4 (1624) with Q&ER v1012. I'm getting a "No trusted certificate found" on all my securities.
An example console message:
getting history using url: https://www.alphavantage.co/query?function=TIME_SERIES_DAILY&symbol=XLF&apikey=BOHJNWQ1M0E8YYSZ&datatype=csv TRUSTMGR: checking cert chain: CN=www.alphavantage.co Saving certificate: 0
subject: CN=www.alphavantage.co issuer: CN=Let's Encrypt Authority X3, O=Let's Encrypt, C=US
not after: Tue Jan 16 16:12:01 MST 2018
not before: Wed Oct 18 16:12:01 MST 2017
Saving file to C:\Program Files\Moneydance\unknown_cert_0.der
Error writing unknown cert to file: java.io.FileNotFoundException: unknown_cert_0.der (Access is denied)
Saving certificate: 1
subject: CN=Let's Encrypt Authority X3, O=Let's Encrypt, C=US
issuer: CN=DST Root CA X3, O=Digital Signature Trust Co.
not after: Wed Mar 17 09:40:46 MST 2021
not before: Thu Mar 17 09:40:46 MST 2016
Saving file to C:\Program Files\Moneydance\unknown_cert_1.der
Error writing unknown cert to file: java.io.FileNotFoundException: unknown_cert_1.der (Access is denied)
!! Warning: encountered untrusted cert (saving) !!
No current price found for Financial Select Sector SPDR� ETF (XLF)
The "Error writing unknown cert to file" issue appears to be due to Windows 10 and UAC, but even running 'As Administrator', I am able to write the cert file with no error, but still no download of price data.
I was also able to manually visit the URL (listed above), save the resulting csv file, and then manually import the data into MD, so the process of using Alpha Avantage appears to be working (I did get and set my free API key). There just appears to be an issue of Q&ER either getting the resulting csv file from the URL and/or reading the resulting csv file and importing the data into MD.
OK, thanks for the clue derekkent23! I saw that the latest download is 2017.6 (1656), which is newer than what I was using, so I downloaded and updated. Now Q&ER is downloading data for me. And it looks like the certificate errors are gone as well.