DOWNLOADING END OF MONTH SECURITY PRICES

AMY SCHEUER

01 Dec, 2017 02:16 AM

TODAY, I WAS ATTEMPTING TO DOWNLOAD THE END OF MONTH PRICES FROM YAHOO FINANCE. IT CAME UP WITH AN ERROR OF "403" "FORBIDDEN" WHY? AND HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS?

1. 1 Posted by jonh on 01 Dec, 2017 06:02 AM

I'd start by reading the hundreds of other posts on this subject since Nov 1st.

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 02 Dec, 2017 04:14 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

There is a beta version of the Q & ER extension out from Sean the lead software developer which uses Alpha Vantage instead of Yahoo. See https://infinitekind.com/tmp/yahooqt.mxt Remove the old extension and install the new one. Make sure it ends in “.mxt” not “.zip after you download it. Edit zip if required. You must also be running the latest preview build of 2017 downloaded from https://infinitekind.com/preview
    You will be asked to get and enter an Alpha Vantage Key when you first open the extension.

Hope this helps

3. 3 Posted by nealagogol on 07 Dec, 2017 04:02 PM

I am now running the preview build of 2017 and am getting some security prices to update, for example Apple and and Bunge Limited update. Other securities do not update such as AT&T and AEP. Any thoughts as to why some would update when they all previously worked through Yahoo Finance?

4. 4 Posted by Randy Mackie on 07 Dec, 2017 04:26 PM

@nealagogol: is it consistently not updating those securities? For me, the preview build and the updated extensions works 98% of the time, but once in a while one or two securities won't get updated, but then if I update again later, it works. I suspect it's an issue on the Alphavantage side. Can you try updating again and see if it works or not?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

17 Dec, 2017 03:37 PM
17 Dec, 2017 03:21 PM
17 Dec, 2017 03:05 PM