Ian O on 14 Sep, 2017 07:57 AM
You're absolutely right, manually downloading your prices from Yahoo should work without issue. This is likely the most appropriate work around for those experiencing issues getting their rates into Moneydance and I'd like to thank your for raising this point on the forum. As you have pointed out it does involve a fair amount of work but until we have found a new service to supply prices via automatic download, this should hopefully fit the bill.
However, there may be other customer who have further suggestion in this regard so I'll leave this discussion public and open.
Google seems to be more US centric, so probably will not be of much use for those outside the U.S.
I have had problems with prices as far back as 2012 with some prices getting zeroed out. So I have not used the historical pricing option to prevent the problem (some stocks only had daily prices and no history on Yahoo so got overwritten with zeros when it tried to get historical data).
I open Moneydance each day Monday to Friday, at least for a few minutes to allow it to download daily prices, as such I have been building a history of prices by doing this, so now I have at least 5 years worth of historical prices. It is just something that has become part of my daily routine so not a big deal, especially since I also check my email once a day.
Wondering what is happening? I know Yahoo was massively hacked and I did
change my pw at least 3x. The URL to your pages "looks" OK, but could I
be getting misdirected? Possibly to a counterfeit site looking for my
user/pw? Could you have been hacked?
Trying to do my year-end books, re-organize my portfolio, and make
several changes, so I would like (need) to get this going quickly. I'm
using this previous email which I know was OK, to communicate with
Infinitekind. Particularly with Ian if possible whom I've had past
communication with, and trust.
My previous email probably went into the discussion thread where it does
NOT belong. However, as stated I'm having issues logging in. Please take
it out of the thread, but reply to me concerning the issue. Sorry for
using this method of communication, but I'm a bit worried about a hack.
OK, the login issue is related to security. Both Firefox and Chrome now
notice whether login and other sensitive pages are in the insecure http
form (instead of secure https) and warn the user that the site is
insecure. I'm pretty sure this is why login results in the dead-end
Again, I apologize for posting this here, but I don't think I can reach
the bug report site.
Please look into this issue, and email me back. Also delete this and my
previous 2 notes from the thread.