Net worth report always showing cash balance

Joe

16 Mar, 2019 05:14 PM

Hello,
Is it possible to get a net worth report that does not show the cash balance. I am trying to get a report of one security across several accounts. I can do that, but the reports (chart and text) both include cash balances no mater what I try. This throws off the result from just showing how the one security is doing.

Regards,
JB

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 16 Mar, 2019 06:54 PM

Hi Joe,

Try the Portfolio report.

For me, the Portfolio report can report on a single security held in more than one investment account. BUT, I don't carry any cash balance in my investment accounts. It's swept into a Money Market Fund.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Joe on 16 Mar, 2019 10:03 PM

Hi Kevin,
    Thanks for the reply. The portfolio report will not work for what I want. However, since I also have my cash in a money market account this got me to looking.

Having just switch from Quick, I thought when I got dividends that were not reinvested they were automagically put into the money market fund. I see now they are not and that I need manually enter a buy into the money market fund for any non reinvested dividends.

You got me pointed in the correct direction and now all is good.

Thanks!
    Joe

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac