Category menu hides behind confirmation window

joe

16 Jan, 2019 03:02 PM

I was hoping that the new 2019 release would solve this intermittent, but ongoing, issue that I have had for several years now... but it doesn't seem to.

Often when I am going through transactions using the pop-out confirmation window the pop-up menu showing categories to choose from is hidden behind the confirmation window. It makes it very difficult, and frustrating, to get through transactions quickly. Clicking on the category window doesn't bring it to the forefront although I can select different categories and the up/down arrows do work to make selections.

I can move the confirmation window out of the way and this helps for that transaction but as soon as I go to the next one the category windows goes right back under the other window.

See screenshot.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 16 Jan, 2019 04:14 PM

Hi Joe,

Just as an FYI, there is a setting in Preferences to toggle the Confirmation side bar on and off as a separate floating window or as a fixed part of the register.

It has been my experience that when the Confirmation side bar is set to be part of the register it tends to scrunch up the register columns. However, temporarily closing the left side bar using key-combo CTRL-SHIFT-S resolves the scrunching issue. CTRL-SHIFT-S also restores the left side bar.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_12.jpg 70.6 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac