Manual imports

Lynne

08 Jan, 2019 05:42 AM

Hello
I am looking at moneydance as an option for the personal finance system, However, when I have looked at other systems, I have noticed they insist on linking with the banks to bring down transactions. Whilst I appreciate this gives great time saving I am nervous about putting my credentials in the hands of others so would like to be able to import transactions perhaps from csv or excel. . Then use the system as normsl. Is this possible with your system? Kind rehatds Lynne Goldsmith

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 08 Jan, 2019 05:56 AM

I'm a fellow user.

To address one of your concerns, with direct connect (the system used for automatic downloads) your username/password are only passed between Moneydance and your Bank's server, they do not pass through any third party systems.

It is possible to import data into bank and credit card type accounts from CSV files but it is dependent on the structure of the CSV file being suitable. If you bank offers OFX/QFX or QIF formats these are much preferable as they are designed to handle financial data and Moneydance will import them.

I would suggest you download and try out the software in Trial mode, it is fully functional with just a 100 manually entered transaction limit - imports do not count. If you later decide to buy the software the license key unlocks the limit.

2. 2 Posted by Lynne347 on 08 Jan, 2019 06:24 AM

Thank you I will give this a go. I appreciate your help.

3. 3 Posted by Lynne Goldsmith on 08 Jan, 2019 09:12 AM

Thank you I will try this out.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 Mar, 2019 02:31 PM
23 Mar, 2019 01:45 PM
23 Mar, 2019 11:36 AM