Latest Version

Bert Bennett

08 Dec, 2018 10:35 PM

How can I tell if I am using the latest version of Moneydance?

1. 1 Posted by jstackpo on 08 Dec, 2018 11:33 PM

What computer & operating system are you using?

2. 2 Posted by Bert Bennett on 09 Dec, 2018 04:33 AM

I am using an iMac 27” computer running Mojave ver. 10.14.1

I could not see anything in Moneydance as to how to update the software.

Thanks,
    Bert

Bert Bennett
    [email blocked]

NOTE: This e-mail may have been dictated using voice recognition software so apologies for any errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 09 Dec, 2018 04:51 AM

I'm a fellow user.

On a Mac you should be able to use the menu item Moneydance --> About Moneydance. Or you could open the console window and look at the first few lines. Or you could have a look in the Error Log again at the first few lines.

The latest release is 2017.10 Build 1706.

4. 4 Posted by jeff on 09 Dec, 2018 07:06 AM

Just to add, you can always check for the latest version here:-

https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

However, the 2019 version of the program is imminent. Infinite Kind have already shown screen grabs of the latest version on FaceBook, which for Mac Users includes a new Dark Mode as featured in Mac OS Mojave. So watch the link above!

Jeff – fellow user

5. 5 Posted by trevor on 13 Dec, 2018 04:17 PM

Jeff - is there a different facebook page where you are seeing this info? I follow the main Moneydance page and have not seen any talk about the 2019 update. Just curious as to what enhancements are coming. Thanks

6. 6 Posted by dwg on 13 Dec, 2018 08:23 PM

I'm a fellow user.

MD2019 has recently gone into Beta Testing, it is not something to look at unless you have something like a second computer to run it on.

In looks it is pretty much like 2017, the testers at the moment are isolating the more basic bugs. Moneydance is now using Java 11, so there is no longer any 32 bit support. Many of the changes appear to be under the hood at this stage, so things like changes in the way TXN files are managed. Dark Mode was mentioned, I can say that Windows users are finding readability issues with this in the current build.

7. 7 Posted by jeff on 14 Dec, 2018 06:59 AM

Hi Trevor,
    It has also been shown on Twitter.

However, the versions I have tried so far are very buggy & has been advised you can have a play with them, but don't use it yet on your main PC.

I'm trying both the Mac & Windows versions inside Virtual Machines, but I would not let either anywhere near my real accounts at the moment. So be warned.

Jeff - fellow user

8. 8 Posted by trevor on 14 Dec, 2018 01:28 PM

Thanks Jeff - I just checked Twitter and saw the screenshot.

Absolutely not trying the Beta for major release..after what happened with 2017, I learned my lesson. :) I will give it a bit and then switch over.

Thanks again.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac