Syncing question: After using one PC for most entries I'm not traveling and using a second but...

dan.neville7

16 Sep, 2018 03:31 AM

Hi MoneyDance team,

I'm traveling for a few weeks and want to continue to enter expenses as they happen. I'm using version 2017.6 (1656). When I opened MD on my laptop and download all the data it shows ever transaction since I set it up as "new" and I have to go through and match them all over again. This is three months of transactions and not what I was expecting. Because it's getting the information from my Dropbox account I thought it would show the entries as they show up on my main PC at home - up-to-date and balanced. I'm able to see them correctly on my phone but not this laptop. Have I done something wrong on the laptop that I have to re-confirm all the entries in every account - of which I have nearly a dozen with credit cards and bank accounts including family ones. That's not really practical as there are literally hundreds of entries between all the accounts. Thanks for your help with this.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 16 Sep, 2018 04:09 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The symptoms makes it sounds like the copy of the data on your laptop is an independent data set. You did follow the instructions for the second and subsequent systems from the article:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data/syncing-wi...

2. 2 Posted by dan.neville7 on 16 Sep, 2018 04:29 AM

Hello dwg,
    Thanks for your comment. Yes, I did follow those instructions and just
    verified them again. I also am able to remote log in to my home desktop and
    verify that i am syncing the correct dropbox account. Both show the same
    information: dropbox connection and passphrase are all correct.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 16 Sep, 2018 05:01 AM

That's scuttled that idea :)

I would be expecting transactions to be replicated between the two systems, not in real time but with a slight lag. It does sound like the transactions are not being picked up by moneydance on your laptop. Are transactions failing in both directions or just in one direction? Just trying to ascertain if nothing is happening or if it is partially working. it may give a clue.

Perhaps another user has an idea as to what might be happening, nothing is occurring to me at the moment.

4. 4 Posted by mhoggie on 16 Sep, 2018 11:13 AM

just a user,

At some point it might be best to start over with DropBox sync setup.
    Before you do that, make sure your primary PC is working good and up to date with the latest version of MD and the database set being used is on the local PC, not Dropbox.

Then go through the sync setup process show in the Knowledge base and set up syncing again on both PC.s

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac