Switch Moneydance from iMac to Windows 10 computer

Thomas

19 Aug, 2018 08:06 PM

I have Moneydance Version 2017.2 (1597) on an iMac computer. My iMac I fear is about to give up the ghost and I am thinking of switching to a Windows 10 computer and moving Moneydance to there. Does my licensed Moneydance version work on a Windows 10 computer, or do I have to get Moneydance for Windows?

Can you give any tips for switching to Windows? Thanks for your help!

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 19 Aug, 2018 09:08 PM

I'm a fellow user.

If you purchased Moneydance from the Apple Mac Store then you would need to provide evidence of purchase and ask the Support people if they would issue you with a direct download version license.

If you purchased the software directly via the TiK website then you would have received a license key via email, you would just need to download the Windows installation kit and install that, enter your license key, and then copy your Moneydance data between systems using something like a memory key.

2. 2 Posted by -Kevin N. on 19 Aug, 2018 09:15 PM

Hi Thomas,

I see that forum member dwg has already responded while I was composing my reply.

You should d/l the latest Windows version from here:
    http://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

You can use your current license key to register the new installation.

You should then transfer your data file to the new machine. Transfer the data file in tact. DO NOT attempt any kind of export / import procedure from within Moneydance. Copy the data file and transfer it the same way that you would transfer any other type of file.

You don't have to use the default location for your data file. You can use something more convenient if you wish. e.g. My Documents.

When you open Moneydance on the Windows machine, you will likely be greeted by the Welcome Screen. Use the 'Open Other' option to navigate to your data file. Going forward, Moneydance will use that data file as the default.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

3. 3 Posted by Tom on 19 Aug, 2018 10:57 PM

Thanks very much for your help!

Tom Wallin

My new e-mail address is: [email blocked].

On Sunday, August 19, 2018, 5:15:17 PM EDT, -Kevin N. <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 Sep, 2018 06:38 AM
23 Sep, 2018 04:15 AM
23 Sep, 2018 02:47 AM