Archiving

Ian Walker

12 Aug, 2018 12:27 PM

I have Moneydance version 2017 (1584).

I have been using Moneydance for a number of years and find it to be a quite excellent product. However, I have noticed that the program is slowing down a little and have decided that I should archive some of the older transactions. The manual (2015) says I should go to File/Archive but there is no such option under File. How do I archive please?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 12 Aug, 2018 01:37 PM

Hi Ian,

A couple of things...

1) Moneydance really needs to update their documentation.

Archiving was deliberately removed from newer versions of the program. For some users, it caused more problems than it solved especially when it came to investment history.

2) You are using an older build of Moneydance.

Provided that you purchased Moneydance via their website (as opposed to the Apple Store or elsewhere) then you can download the latest build (currently MD 2017.8 (1691) here:
    http://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

Hopefully the new build's improvements and bug fixes will help with the program slowdown.

Per the Moneydance blog https://infinitekind.com/blog/moneydance-2017-8 there looks to be some improvements to the use of ram and some built in removal of orphaned historical price quotes which 'should', over time, help with speeding things up.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by IAN WALKER on 13 Aug, 2018 11:17 AM

Hi Kevin

Thanks for your response which was pretty much what I was anticipating. I will upgrade my build and keep my fingers crossed!

Kind regards

Ian

Sent from my iPhone

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac