Cash Flow Report - categories - grouped monthly

jca203

10 Aug, 2018 02:51 PM

I just imported a quicken file I have been using for 12 years now and I'm attempting to switch to moneydance because Im tired of all the syncing issues with quicken.

So far I like the software, but one report that is EXTREMELY important to me is quicken's cash flow report.

It allows to me to see either on a monthly or quarterly basis, my income and my expenses by category. Its pretty much the only report I run and I cannot seem to find an equivalent in money dance that groups the data this way. I have excluded 95% of my categories just to give you a sample of what I'm looking for, but in inflows I'd have line items for my salary, my wife's salary...tax rebates etc..

Outflows is basically all my spending by category, I love this report because it allows me to see how much I spend vs what I earn, and make adjustments accordingly.

Is there a report in moneydance that would give me this data?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 10 Aug, 2018 03:05 PM

Hi jca203,

Look to the 'Group By' parameter of the Income & Expenses report and / or the Cash Flow report to see if it provides the report that you're looking to generate.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by jca203 on 10 Aug, 2018 03:10 PM

Kevin thanks! The Group By on the Income and Expenses report is exactly what I needed!

3. jca203 closed this discussion on 10 Aug, 2018 03:11 PM.

4. jca203 re-opened this discussion on 10 Aug, 2018 03:11 PM

5. jca203 closed this discussion on 10 Aug, 2018 03:11 PM.

6. -Kevin N. re-opened this discussion on 10 Aug, 2018 03:13 PM

7. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 10 Aug, 2018 03:13 PM

Hi jca203,

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that it helped.

Thank you for reporting back with your results.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Capture.PNG 19.6 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac