Transferring between accounts and to loans

Anne Di Napoli

01 Aug, 2018 01:10 AM

How do I enter transfers between accounts and to loans. I created an account and it didn't appear in the drop down box.

This discussion was closed! See this FAQ for more information:

1. Transfers between Accounts

If you’re transferring funds between accounts, such as from a checking account to a savings account or a payment to a credit card, enter the “other” account in the Category field.

When you select the Category field of a transaction, any available accounts will be shown as the first options available in the list.

CATEGORY_LIST_REGISTER.png

Just like with categories, you can also begin to type the account name into the Categ...

See more..
  1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 01 Aug, 2018 01:52 AM

not MD support, but if you are trying to make a loan payment, it is easier to set it up your payments in the "payment reminder" of the loan, so it will automatically adjust the principle and interest as you pay the loan down. You can choose which account the funds will come from. Otherwise, from your source account you will need to look for the "principal" category created for your loan name. It will look like My Loan - principal. Then you will need to split the category to add the interest portion.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac