Auto Dropdowns for description column

Bryan Bird

08 Jul, 2018 01:34 PM

Hi, I have taken over the banking software for my father in his retirement accounts. He has entered some names of payees/payers wrong and moneydance is constantly dropping down those suggestions. is there a list somewhere that I can either edit the names, or delete them and put them in correctly? It's driving me crazy.

Thank you in advance.

Bryan Bird

1. 1 Posted by quotient on 08 Jul, 2018 01:38 PM

I'm just a user, not support.

At the top of each screen is a horizontal menu. One of the choices is Tools. Select Tools, then Categories. You can edit or delete Categories as you wish.

2. 2 Posted by bsaddresss on 08 Jul, 2018 01:44 PM

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I’m an avid QBP user, and the format of moneydance is a learning curve for me. I’m looking for a list of Payees, for example: AT and T which I would like to change to AT&T. There may be 40 or 50 transactions like that and I would like to Completely remove AT and T from EVERYTHING and replace it with AT&T. Is there a chart of accounts list or something that I can edit?

Again, Thank you for your prompt reply,

Bryan

3. 3 Posted by quotient on 08 Jul, 2018 02:28 PM

I'm just a user, not support.

If you want to change past transactions:
    While in Register View, you could search - manually or using the search window - for payees whose name is AT and T. Hold Ctrl while highlighting each of those transactions. When those transactions are highlighted, right click on any of the highlighted transactions. Choose Batch Change. A menu will appear asking essentially what you want to change. In this case, you'd choose Description. Type in the correction (AT&T) that you want, choose OK, and all those Payees will be changed all at once.

Batch change is a very powerful tool. Suggest you make a backup of your file before using Batch Change - just is case something goes wrong.

If you want to change the automatic suggestions - like not having AT and T appear at all as a suggestion - there is no direct change method to accomplish this. But, eventually an unused suggestion will disappear from the list of suggestions.

4. 4 Posted by bsaddresss on 08 Jul, 2018 02:30 PM

Perfectly answered. Thank you very much.

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 08 Jul, 2018 09:10 PM

I'm a fellow user.

You may also want to look at the Find and Replace extension. It can be useful when you want to change names and the like.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac