Multi currency bank accounts and credit cards

melinerunen

03 Jul, 2018 09:07 PM

Hi,
In my country (Argentina) we have at least 2 currencies per bank account which are USD and ARS. Currently I've two ways to make it work:

1- Adding one account per currency. With this approach I can enter all transaction with the base currency account which is faster. On the other hand i have to have everything in more than one account which it turns out to be a little bit confusing and not having everything consolidated it makes it harder to have some forecast
2- Adding foreign exchange rate to the transaction other than 1. Whit this I've everything under one account but there is a catch: I will convert everything to the daily exchange rate and this is a huge issue. For example:
  - For bank accounts I actually have USD and i don't want it to be converted.
  - For credit cards: I've to pay the USD with the day's exchange rate. This approach works fine for most of the transactions but some of them uses day exchange rate instead of payment's echange rate. So I've multiple exchange rates to deal with.

It would be nice to add a second ammount column with a forgein currency so I can use it all as one. Also i'm open to sugestion on how to manage this multi currency accounts.

Regards

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac