Reinstalling Moneydance on my computer

Gabriel Fiedler

12 Jun, 2018 08:46 PM

HI,

I had some computer issues and reloaded the operating system Windows 10. I downloaded Moneydance into my computer and ran the Moneydance installer and yet I can't find it. I did this several times and don't see it on my computer. Can you help?

Also, I also have a Mac and so I've been syncing via Dropbox. Once I can find the program on my computer how would I get all the data onto this version (from dropbox) and how would I get this to sync with the Mac ?

Thank you

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 12 Jun, 2018 09:22 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Assuming Moneydance has installed Moneydance.exe can be found at C:/Program Files/Moneydance.

What syncing method were you using, Dropbox Folder or Connection?

As you were syncing by Dropbox which was your Primary computer, the computer you set to sync under FILE – SYNCING? Your second computer is the one you can’t change the syncing method under FILE – SYNCING. If your windows computer was your primary computer do you have a backup or a copy of your data set? If not, I can post a method to convert your second computer data set into a primary data set. If your Mac was your primary computer you can just sync your windows computer by using FILE – NEW – OPEN SYNCED FILE.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by Gabriel Fiedler on 13 Jun, 2018 04:08 PM

Thanks so much Derek.

I was able to find the program in the file that you mentioned and all is well.

Thanks for your help.

Gabriel

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac