switching to a different computer

Karen Wheatly

11 Jun, 2018 12:32 AM

I have been using MoneyDance for several years and love the application. My 2011 MacBook Pro is dying and I wanted to move my MoneyDance data to our iMac, so I saved all of the data to a flash drive, opened up MD on the iMac and tried to restore the data from the flash drive backup. I have several bank accounts, as well as credit cards, etc that I track and all of the accumulated data went into just one account when I did the restore. I also tried the import, but the same thing happened. I have a lot of data on the MacBook Pro that I don't want to lose, but I also would rather not re-enter 5 years worth of financial information.

Is there a simpler way of transferring my financial data from the MacBook Pro to the iMac?

Thank you.

This discussion was closed! See this FAQ for more information:

1. Moving Files

If you have created a data file in Moneydance but would like to store your data outside the Moneydance library, you can follow the steps below -

If you obtained Moneydance from the Mac Apple Store, unfortunately you cannot move your data file due to limitations imposed by Apple regarding the 'sandboxing' of Apps.

If you are syncing your data with a mobile device, or another system - you should NOT...

See more..

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac