TXN files

quotient

10 Jun, 2018 06:36 PM

I'm using Moneydance 2017.7.1 (1671) on a Windows 7 machine.

In my "out" folder at C:\Users\User Name\Documents.moneydance\Documents\Begins 04-01-2018.moneydance\safe\tiksync\out I have 433 .txn files which occupy 5.81MB of space and represent 5 days of activities with Moneydance.

1) I have read somewhere in this http://help.infinitekind.com site a messages from Sean Reilly, which I believe said that it was good to keep those .txn files as they define how information was downloaded or changed and the order in which the information was changed. I do not see a need for me to ever use those files for that purpose. I have 5 backups of Moneydance. Those 5 backups are backed up when changed to an external hard drive. I do not now and will probably never want to "sync" files. Do I need need those .txn files for some purpose if I don't use them to sync or want to use them to define exactly the order in which a file was changed?

2) My .moneydance file folder, exclusive of the "out" folder, contains all the current information that has been loaded into it, right? Those are the only files I must have, right? Other than the order of file changes, I can delete the contents of the out folder with no ill effect?

1. System closed this discussion on 09 Sep, 2018 06:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac