Memorized Payee List

Timothy E Winsley

04 May, 2018 04:52 AM

Dear Money Dance tech's
I want to say overall I like your Money Dance finance program. I have switch to your program after years of using Quicken, and over all
I like your's better than Quicken because you are not making your program a subscription that I have to buy each year.
  I just have one question do you have a way to edit my Payee list that the program stores? It is not a big problem but I have made a few mistakes and it remembers my payee mistakes, and I would like to change or remove those mistakes. This is not a big thing but it kind of bugs me a little.
Thanks Timothy Winsley

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 05 May, 2018 02:10 PM

Hi Timothy,

The list of payees that comes up in the description field of transactions can't be edited as it's automatically generated from past Payees/Descriptions that you've entered for your transactions. You'll need to manually correct your already entered transactions to remove the mistakes.

If there are many transactions containing the same incorrect payee information, you may find the Find and Replace extension of use. You can install the Find and Replace extension by going to Extensions --> Manage extensions; once installed go to Extensions (again) --> Find and Replace, and use it to find and replace the incorrect payee information and replace it with the correct details.

You can add your payees to the Moneydance address book via Tools --> Address Book. Once an entry had been added you'll see it available for selection within the description field of your transaction. Select the dropdown menu and you'll see your Payees listed with a green '@' symbol. You'll see this details in this article.

in Moneydance and Payees from it can be selected by clicking the Description field in a transaction and going down to the entries with a green @ symbol in front of them and selecting the payee in your address book there.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 May, 2018 03:52 AM
20 May, 2018 01:58 AM
20 May, 2018 01:13 AM