Exchange rates

Derek Eaton

16 Apr, 2018 03:53 PM

I only have 3 items in my Exchange Rates box and I am trying to add the US dollar to it but cannot find any way of doing it. `could you please explain in simple term how I can do this please.
At the same time it does not seem to be showing the currant exchange rates for the currencies I have in there. It always used to show me, maybe I have clicked something in error. Any help would be appreciated.
I am currently running Version: 2017.7.1 (1671) which I believe is the latest.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 16 Apr, 2018 09:03 PM

I am not support staff, just user.

To add a currency to the summary screen, click TOOLS – CURRENCY and highlight the subject currency and double click. A window will open were you can enter exchange rates. Click on EDIT and tick SHOW ON SUMMARY PAGE.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by Derek Eaton on 17 Apr, 2018 12:12 PM

Thanks for the info, I have tried it and for some reason I still can’t get US dollars to show on the Exchange rates info. Guess I’m still doing something wrong..
    I have Australian dollar, Euros and South African rand just want to add one more.
    Thanks for the info anyway.
    Derek

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 17 Apr, 2018 03:50 PM

I am not support staff, just user.

What is your Base currency?
    When you follow these instruction the window should look like the screen shot.
    To add a currency to the summary screen, click TOOLS – CURRENCY and highlight the subject currency and double click. A window will open were you can enter exchange rates. Click on EDIT and tick SHOW ON SUMMARY PAGE.

if you are getting something different please post your screen shot.

Hope this helps.

4. 4 Posted by Derek Eaton on 18 Apr, 2018 09:55 AM

Hi again,
    Followed your advice but still no results.. I think somehow the exchange rate section is not working when you see "step 2” the figures are wrong. I did as you suggested, even restarted afterwards to see if that helped but no. here are the screen shots

I have the Base currency set at UK £
    Maybe somehow I have not activated the exchange rate section.
    Just updated exchange rates and thats not working either so looks like I may have a bigger problem.

Thanks for trying
    Derek

5. 5 Posted by Derek Eaton on 18 Apr, 2018 09:59 AM

Hi again,
    I am using a Mac and this is the version I have which says its up to date

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 18 Apr, 2018 05:43 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Can you post a screen shot of the window you get after clicking TOOLS – CURRENCY and highlighting US Dollar and double clicking. This is the window were you can enter exchange rates. See my screen shots. Don't take any notice of the exchange rates in my screen shot, as I don't up date them regularly.

7. 7 Posted by Derek Eaton on 19 Apr, 2018 09:51 AM

Hi again.
    Whatever we did all working now and exchange rates are all up to date and working, thanks very much for your help

Very much appreciated.
    Derek

8. 8 Posted by derekkent23 on 19 Apr, 2018 11:13 AM

Glad you got there in the end!

9. 9 Posted by Derek Eaton on 19 Apr, 2018 04:10 PM

Thanks to you,
    Derek

10. System closed this discussion on 19 Jul, 2018 04:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac