Saving Edited MD 2017 Customized Settings

tonyt

12 Jan, 2018 05:55 PM

Hi
Can you save these. I have found a .txt file called settings inside the .moneydance data set. Is that it? If so, could I rename it and then let MD grnerate a new settings file next time it loaded which would be the general 'start up from new' settings I guess?
Cheers...
I have done a lot of adjustments to get things the way I like them, or as near as possible, and don't want to lose all that time spent!

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 13 Jan, 2018 11:20 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

In 2017 there are two configuration files.
    General settings in “config.dict”.
    Theme setting in “customer_theme.properties” assuming you have created a custom theme.
    With Moneydance shut down you can rename either of these file and on restart “config.dict” will be recreated with default setting and “customer_theme.properties” if you set a custom theme.
    You can delete the new files at any time and rename the renamed files back to there original names to get back your old settings.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by tonyt on 13 Jan, 2018 11:55 AM

Indeed it does, many thanks, but where do I find these two files. I have tried 'show package contents on the app and my data set with no luck. Hope you can help again!
    Cheers...

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 13 Jan, 2018 02:45 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

You don't say what operating system your computer users.
    As a windows user these file are located in the path C:\Users\users_name.moneydance
    Note the "." in front of moneydance

Hope this helps

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 13 Jan, 2018 04:37 PM

If you're using Mac OS X, it should be located at one of these locations within your Home folder:

Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/config.dict

or:

Library/Application Support/Moneydance/config.dict

If you have any trouble finding your Home Library folder, open Finder and select Go>Go to Folder> and type in:

~/Library

This should pull up your local Library folder.

Moneydance should be automatically saving any changes to your configuration file. Are you trying to move these to a new system? If so, they should be used with the same version of Moneydance, and exchanged for the existing config.dict file only when the program is not running.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

5. 5 Posted by tonyt on 13 Jan, 2018 04:55 PM

Sorry, Mac, many thanks. I saw somewhere a thread about a form to fill in when posting to remind folks to include OS, MD version, etc..
    +1 from me

6. 6 Posted by tonyt on 07 Mar, 2018 05:16 PM

Can I copy the customer_theme.properties to a new machine to save setting it up again?
    Thanks...

7. 7 Posted by derekkent23 on 07 Mar, 2018 05:22 PM

I am not support staff, just a user,

Yes. Just make sure both computers are running the same build.

Hope this helps.

8. System closed this discussion on 06 Jun, 2018 05:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac