Quicken data

Ron Spoto

10 Jan, 2018 05:25 AM

Can I start by importing my quicken data file?

1. 1 Posted by Ron Spoto on 10 Jan, 2018 05:40 PM

I saw it in the links you supply day, installed and imported data. Quicken came ok, but c d s and savings from another bank only show balances no names no other info.

___
    "Mr. President, I always told myself after leaving the Army, I’d never stand in line again.”

On Jan 9, 2018 9:27 PM, Infinite Kind <[email blocked]> wrote:
    The Infinite Kind The Infinite Kind technical support: infinitekind.com/help
    email: [email blocked]

Hello Ron Spoto!

This is an automated response to let you know that we've received your request:

Quicken data

and will respond as quickly as possible. Answers to many common questions can be found in our knowledge base and user guide.

Based on your support request, we think you may find the following articles from our FAQ helpful:

We'll send an email to you (at [email blocked]) when we update your support request. Alternatively, you can keep track of this conversation online.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
    The Infinite Kind

Be a part of the Community:   Blog  |   Twitter  |   Facebook

You have been sent this message because you recently opened a help request with The Infinite Kind.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 10 Jan, 2018 08:35 PM

Can you elaborate a little more on the problem you are having with importing data

3. 3 Posted by Ron Spoto on 11 Jan, 2018 02:46 AM

Quicken had checking, and cash accounts w/ Wells Fargo, and four accounts with Ally Bank. It imported Wells Fargo accounts but shows four blank accounts showing only the last 4 no.s of the All accounts .  No names, type of account , dollar amounts. No name of the bank, Nothing just four blank lines with partial account no.s.
    I wrote Ally this morning for data on accts. With full account numbers. Do I delete the empty accounts, then create new ones? Any idea what went wrong? 
    Your program, Wells Fargo, our Ally? I hope this isn't a sign. 
    Thanks for your help ,
    Ron
    ___
    "Mr. President, I always told myself after leaving the Army, I’d never stand in line again.”

On Jan 10, 2018 12:35 PM, dwg <[email blocked]> wrote:

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

Can you elaborate a little more on the problem you are having with importing data

On Wed, Jan 10 at 09:40 AM PST, Ron Spoto wrote:

I saw it in the links you supply day, installed and imported data. Quicken came ok, but c d s and savings from another bank only show balances no names no other info.

___

On Jan 9, 2018 9:27 PM, Infinite Kind <[email blocked]> wrote:
    The Infinite Kind The Infinite Kind technical support: infinitekind.com/help
    email: [email blocked]

Hello Ron Spoto!

This is an automated response to let you know that we've received your request:

Quicken data

and will respond as quickly as possible. Answers to many common questions can be found in our knowledge base and user guide.

Based on your support request, we think you may find the following articles from our FAQ helpful:

We'll send an email to you (at [email blocked]) when we update your support request. Alternatively, you can keep track of this conversation online.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
    The Infinite Kind

Be a part of the Community:   Blog  |   Twitter  |   Facebook

You have been sent this message because you recently opened a help request with The Infinite Kind.

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Quicken data.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 11 Jan, 2018 06:30 AM

Ron,

I'm a fellow user, not support.

Your statement "shows four blank accounts showing only the last 4 no.s of the All accounts" has me confused.

If you are downloading data from the institutions you do not get account numbers, categories etc you just get the raw transaction data.

If you generate QIF files from Quicken and import those you do not get account numbers from there either, you can get the User set account name and category information, but no other static info. If the last four numbers were used in the Account name then yes that will come over.

If you are using QIF files to get data from Quicken I would suggest you do it as a 2 stage process. On the first run through as well as selecting "from another program" I suggest selecting Account info only. After doing this check the accounts and categories created in Moneydance. The QIF format is somewhat ambiguous, it was never intended as a migration tool or to be used to create accounts and categories, it was intended to load data into an already created structure, hence the checking to ensure that Accounts and categories were created as appropriate. Once any corrections have been made bring the data in again deselect the Import account info only option

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac