Back Up data - don't want to do it to the Cloud.

Gerry

08 Jan, 2018 08:10 PM

I am a curent owner of Quicken that has recently upgraded its software - Quicken financial data is now backed up to the CLOUD. I don't want this. I want to keep my data on my computer not in the CLOUD.

Does MONEY DANCE back up my data to the CLOUD. Hope not.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 08 Jan, 2018 08:31 PM

Hello,

Moneydance will never save anything outside of your hard drive unless you tell it to. You will need to use Dropbox if you want to sync your data between your desktop system and mobile devices, but there no requirement to use this part of the program, and it is not enabled by default. All files are stored locally and encrypted by default. You can also add a password to a particular data file by going to File -> Passwords from the menu bar. If you want to make a backup of your data at some point, simply go to File -> Export Backup from the menu bar, which will create a backup file on your local system.

I encourage you to download our free trial version from http://infinitekind.com/downloads and experiment with the program before you decide if you would like to purchase it. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test things like importing from other programs and connections with your bank. If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions.

In case you haven't found it yet, our user guide can be found at http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/user-guides

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Geraldine Ruddu... on 09 Jan, 2018 10:29 PM

Thank you Ethan for your quick response to my inquiry. The quickness of your reply was very important to me as I had tried three times that day to get in touch w/QUICKEN. Based on that experience w/QUICKEN, I decided that if I had a real technical issue, it would be days before I could get in touch with their tech support. It is time to get another financial program.

I have decided to purchase Moneydance, your timely response to my inquiry sealed the deal. A few days ago, I did download the trial Moneydance software. I have been using dummy account names, etc. It will be a few days or more before I make the actual purchase of Moneydance. My schedule at this time doesn’t allow for setting up a new bookkeeping system. I will be getting familiar w/Moneydance via the trial software

Thank you again for the quick and thorough response. I will check out the user-guide.

Gerry R.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ian O on 10 Jan, 2018 01:51 PM

Hi Gerry,

Just to follow up on Ethan's last response. We've fairly recently restructured our entire knowledge base, and all new articles relating to Moneydance 2017 can be found in our Knowledge Base here.

Please let us know if you have any questions when getting set up with Moneydance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 02:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac