Stock name change

James beston

04 Dec, 2017 07:54 PM

Hello,

One of my stocks recently decided it would be a good idea to change it's name.
Is there anyway that I can do this in MD other than sell the share and re-buy it under it's new name?

Thanks
Jim

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 05 Dec, 2017 06:43 PM

I am not support staff, just a user

If you are happy to change to the new name accepting there will be no record of the old name then TOOLS - SECURITIES select the security name double click and then click EDIT and edit the name.

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by james_beston on 05 Dec, 2017 07:43 PM

------ Original Message ------
    Sent: 05/12/2017 18:43:44
    Subject: Re: Stock name change [General Questions #48367]

Thank you Derek,

I don't particularly mind loosing the old name but, obviously wouldn't want to loose the transactions.
    The more I think about it I believe the best option would be to notionally sell the stock under its original name and then re-buy using the new name at the same price and with no transaction charges.

Regards

Jim

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

I am not support staff, just a user

If you are happy to change to the new name accepting there will be no record of the old name then TOOLS - SECURITIES select the security name double click and then click EDIT and edit the name.

Hope this helps

On Mon, Dec 04 at 11:54 AM PST, James beston wrote:

Hello,

One of my stocks recently decided it would be a good idea to change it's name.
    Is there anyway that I can do this in MD other than sell the share and re-buy it under it's new name?

Thanks
    Jim

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Stock name change.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 05 Dec, 2017 08:15 PM

What would be even better is if Moneydance had a stock name change option :)

A stock-for-stock option would also work in theory for this.

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 06 Dec, 2017 11:04 AM

I am not support staff just a user

If you change the name as described you don’t loose any old data it is retained under the new name.

Hope this helps

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 06 Dec, 2017 07:33 PM

Hi Derek,

I'm just trying to push TIK into improving the Investment section of Moneydance to give it the features it needs in this space and it has been neglected for a long time.

They can kick and scream about it but if they want to be a true Quicken competitor at all PFM levels and meet or even exceed Quicken then it needs to be done.

Des

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 07 Dec, 2017 11:13 AM

Hi, dwg

I am right behind you in your quest to get Sean to update the investment features of Monydance. Making Moneydance more completive again Quicken in the area can only help all Moneydance user investors or not. Increased sales by capturing more Quicken users can only make TIK stronger, allow it to flourish against increased competition and enable it to increase what Moneydance can do and ensure its continued into the future for all current users. Possible the best way to put forward a case for updating the investment feature would be to set out bullet points to highlight defiance’s, as well as drawing comparisons with Quicken. Perhaps a direct approach, posing on Sean’s Slack site?

7. 7 Posted by dwg on 07 Dec, 2017 07:43 PM

Hi Derek,

I have made quite a number of posts suggesting where the Investment section needs to be improved upon, my main interest is in direct share ownership but I have also suggested some improvements for Mutual funds.

I have had a discussion with Sean on the Slack site and bought up many of the deficiencies, especially things like Return of Capital, promises have been made but so far I've seen no evidence of movement, admittedly I expect the Mac printing and Quote problems to have had priority. At one stage Ian L started working on fixing up Investment reports but it all went quiet again.

Des

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

17 Dec, 2017 03:21 PM
17 Dec, 2017 03:05 PM
17 Dec, 2017 02:58 PM