Different versions of MD on iMac

Colin

19 Aug, 2017 03:40 AM

Hello again,
I've asked a few questions lately as I've just been fiddling with my MD and got it to work on a few devices. I've also updated my 2015 to 2017.
On my iMac there are now two versions running separately. I have been working on the 2017 version and closed it and tried to reopen it from the existing Dock icon but a question mark appeared on the icon and nothing happened. I went to the Launchpad and launched it from there but it only opens the 2015 version creating a separate Dock icon. The 2015 icon is labelled Moneydance-5 (and this is the one in the Launchpad) and the 2017 is simply labelled Moneydance. There is no icon for the 2017 version in the Launchpad.
I simply launched the 2017 version by double clicking the recently downloaded update from my Downloads and it seems to be the only way for me to launch it after closing. I've since kept the 2017 icon in the Dock and can get it from there now too but if I accidentally remove that icon I have to go back to the Downloads folder.
How do I get the system to recognise the new version such that an icon for the 2017 version appears in the Launchpad?
The data all seems to be OK in both versions.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 19 Aug, 2017 09:20 AM

Hi Colin,

Thank you for contacting us.
    Which one of the Applications is present in the Applications folder?
    If the 2017 version is only present in the downloads folder that would explain why the issue is present.

To fix this make sure that the 2017 version is in the Applications Folder, you may get a message saying do you wish to replace the one already present, choose to do this. Once that is done you can choose to open Moneydance from the Applications folder, a new icon will appear in the dock area, you can double click the new icon in the dock area and select "keep in dock" and remove the old icon (the question mark one).

I hope the instructions are clear if not please let me know and we can work from there.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Colin on 19 Aug, 2017 12:49 PM

Thanks Henry,

That seems to have fixed it, but I still have two versions in the Applications folder. The 2017 didn’t seem to replace or overwrite the 2015 for some reason. The icon in the Launchpad now opens the 2017 version and it all seems to be back to normal.

Regards
    Colin

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Henry on 21 Aug, 2017 01:06 PM

No problem, glad to hear everything is working! I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

4. Henry closed this discussion on 21 Aug, 2017 01:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac