Duplicate Checking & Assigning Downloaded Transactions To A Specific Category

jon.albright

19 May, 2017 03:14 AM

First: If I create an automatic transaction using the Reminders tool for a specific transaction BEFORE I download my bank transactions, when I download my bank transactions, will Moneydance catch the duplicate and either prompt me to choose to delete it or delete it itself?

Second: Will Moneydance auto assign a downloaded transaction to a specific category or will I have to manually edit in order to choose the correct category? If it will do this, how do you set it up?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 19 May, 2017 07:29 AM

Hi Jon,

Thank you for contacting us.
    The function 'Automatically Merge Downloaded Transactions' sounds like the answer to both of your questions. To enable this option, click File → Preferences → Network, and select “Automatically Merge Downloaded Transactions”.

When enabled it performs two functions automatically as transactions are imported or downloaded.

A) As each transaction is imported if the download transaction is a sufficiently close match to a transaction that already exists in the register (probably a manually entered transaction) the two would be merged together. The purpose being to remove duplicates on download. Transactions need to have exactly the same amount to be considered a merge eligible match.

B) As each transaction is imported if the download transaction has a sufficiently close description/payee to one of the transactions already in the register the incoming transaction is considered a "Repeat payee". In such a case the category and description of the incoming transaction are set to equal those of the transaction it matched to.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by jon.albright on 19 May, 2017 09:52 PM

Thanks for the quick response Henry,

Is there any way the trial version can be set to function as if I had purchased it and then if purchase isn't made, cease to function after 30 days? Having a limited number of allowed transactions to enter doesn't let me fully evaluate all the functionality and the normal experimentation I would typically do with a trial version. So far, I like what I have seen but would like to make that request.

-----
    Jon Albright

Henry,

Thursday, May 18, 2017, 9:29:25 PM, you wrote:

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Henry on 22 May, 2017 11:30 AM

Hi Jon,

We have the 90 day money back guarantee in that case. Which takes some of the risk away. Does that seem like an option for you?

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by jon.albright on 24 May, 2017 09:39 PM

Henry, I decided to go a different route. I was not able to successfully import bank transactions without duplicating already existing transactions. I had to manually choose to either ok a transaction or to merge it and just don't have enough time in the day.

-----
    Jon Albright

Henry,

Monday, May 22, 2017, 1:30:12 AM, you wrote:

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac