Sharing Between Two Computers?

repletewrue

25 Sep, 2013 11:42 PM

I expect this has been discussed before, but maybe not with this wrinkle:

I use cloud-based SugarSync to synchronize my Documents folder between my iMac and my MacBook Pro. I would like to be able to sync my household MoneyDance file, too. Can I just move it to a folder in my Documents folder?

At present the MoneyDance data resides in Library -> Containers -> com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX -> Data -> Documents

I suppose I could just sync that nested Documents folder—would that work, or would I have to sync the Library? Is there some reason why the MD data is buried in that location? I think in the previous version you could keep it wherever you wanted.

I'm the only one who will be working on the MD data, and cloud-based sync is not exactly a LAN—but out of curiosity, is there some protection against two people on a network simultaneously working on separate instances of the program and messing up data?

/Mr Lynn

This discussion was closed! See this FAQ for more information:

1. Archive - How to move your data file to a different location in Moneydance 2012 and above

This is an archived document. Please refer to the more recent knowledge base articles on this page

If you already have your data in Moneydance 2012 or above but would like to start sharing it on Dropbox or another shared folder, or simply store your data in a different location, follow these instructions.

If you obtained Moneydance from the Mac Apple Store, unfortunately, you will not be able to d...

See more..
  1. repletewrue closed this discussion on 25 Sep, 2013 11:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac