Chase Error 2000

NewfD90

04 Jul, 2012 05:17 PM

I've successfully been directly downloading my CC transactions from Chase into Moneydance for years. Recently I acquired a Chase card for my business, and they only way they could combine the two under one profile, was to delete the login I'd used for years and use the newly created business login. On the new profile, I enabled Quicken downloads. Downloading the business card's transactions work fine in QuickBooks (yuck), but of course, I get the dreaded Error 2000 in Moneydance. Repeated calls to Chase did no good. I tried to impress upon them that downloads used to work until they combined my profiles. All I got from them was a sorry I can't help you, you're not using Quicken. I even had them re-separate the accounts, to no avail.

On the Moneydance end, I've tried disabling/enabling online access for that account, Forgetting all online passwords, and even ran the python script ("remove_one_service.py"), all to no avail.

Has anybody been able to figure out what magic incantation needs to be said to Chase to get this working again???

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 04 Jul, 2012 05:43 PM

Hi geurin,

So as to assist the Moneydance Support Staff in helping you, provide the following:

Version of Moneydance
    Operating system and version
    Version of Java installed

You should be able to glean this information from the first few lines of text displayed in the Console Window listed under Moneydance's Help menu.

-Kevin N.

2. 2 Posted by NewfD90 on 04 Jul, 2012 05:48 PM

Moneydance 2011r2 (803)
    Mac OS X 10.7.4
    Java 1.6.0_33

3. 3 Posted by james f on 04 Jul, 2012 05:57 PM

First off: Never tell Chase customer service reps that you are using anything other than Quicken. That is the quickest way to be shut out by them. They haven't a clue as to how OFX Direct Connect is universally employed and utilized by other PFM programs.

Tell Customer Service that you are using Quicken and that you keep getting Error 2000 when trying to use Quicken's OFX Direct Connect feature to download transactions. Tell them that it started after they combined your two accounts under one profile. (Personallly, I would never combine accounts under one profile. I keep all my accounts separate so as to be able to keep the downloading of transactions separate. I have two separate accounts with Chase that I can access under one login on the web, but they are two distinct and separate accounts as far as downloading transactions are concerned.)

You need to go into a Chase Bank and have them completely and totally separate the two accounts, each with their own username and password.

Once that has been accomplished and verified, then you will need to reset the usernames and passwords under Moneydance. You will need to actually go into each account separately, click on Online > Download "xyz" Transactions, input your newly created Username and Password. (I never run a batch download of transactions using Online > Download All Accounts from the main page of Moneydance. I always go into each account and download transactions for the individual account.).

I've been using Moneydance consistantly since March 16, 2002 under one Operating System or another.

4. 4 Posted by NewfD90 on 04 Jul, 2012 06:00 PM

Yeah, tried that too. Told them I was using quicken. No help. As I said above, I had the accounts separated. Still didn't work.

5. 5 Posted by -Kevin N. on 04 Jul, 2012 06:03 PM

Hi NewfD90,

Try Disabling the Chase accounts from within MD. When re-enabling, use the 'New Connection' option even though Chase is already listed in the 'Financial Institution' drop-down list.

HTH -Kevin N.

6. 6 Posted by NewfD90 on 04 Jul, 2012 06:04 PM

I've done that. Still doesn't work.

7. 7 Posted by james f on 04 Jul, 2012 06:09 PM

Are you attempting to download transactions from each account separately within Moneydance by going into each account separately and clicking on Online > Download "xyz" Transactions ? Then inputting your username and password when prompted? Each account has a different username and password.

By doing the above, you can isolate which account is giving you the Error 2000 message.

Have you verified that OFX Direct Connect service from Chase was activated for each account after they were completely and totally separated?

8. 8 Posted by NewfD90 on 04 Jul, 2012 06:12 PM

Yes. It's chase.

9. 9 Posted by james f on 04 Jul, 2012 06:17 PM

Have you attempted to download transactions as I suggested in post four and eight?

10. 10 Posted by james f on 04 Jul, 2012 06:19 PM

You ought to be using two distinct and different usernames and passwords. One for one account and one for the other account.

11. 11 Posted by -Kevin N. on 04 Jul, 2012 06:24 PM

Hi NewfD90,
    Do you have a MD backup data file that was created prior to the changes made to the accounts?
    Perhaps if you restore the backup, you'll be able to at least retrieve your personal Chase CC account info.
    HTH -Kevin N.

12. 12 Posted by NewfD90 on 04 Jul, 2012 07:24 PM

Yes, yes I've tried that and no.

13. 13 Posted by -Kevin N. on 04 Jul, 2012 07:31 PM

Hi NewfD90,
    I have to be honest I'm about out of ideas. You appear to have done everything possible.
    So as to eliminate the possibility that the problem lies within your data file, can you create a new blank data file, create your Chase accounts, then try setting them up for Online Banking.
    -Kevin N.

14. 14 Posted by NewfD90 on 04 Jul, 2012 08:52 PM

Now that was some good advice! I created a new Moneydance file and just set up the chase CC. Worked flawlessly.

I then went back to my original data file, and set up a new account for the same card. Worked flawlessly. I then thought that maybe whatever was stale in the data file had been fixed, so I went to the problem account (in the same data file) and tried to re-setup online services. Still gets Error 2000.

So to recap, in the original data file, I have two CC accounts setup, both enabled the same way with Chase, and one (the original) gets Error 2000, and the other (the new one) works fine. Obviously, I'd rather NOT lose all my old data in that original account...

15. 15 Posted by -Kevin N. on 04 Jul, 2012 09:02 PM

Hi NewfD90,
    This is good news.
    You can use Batch Change to move the txns from the non-working account to the working account. This way you will not lose your historical data.
    Once the data is moved, you can delete the non-working account.
    If you need help with Batch Change, post back and I'll try to walk you through it.
    Whatever you do, please make a copy of your data file before using Batch Change.
    HTH -Kevin N.

16. 16 Posted by NewfD90 on 04 Jul, 2012 09:38 PM

Got it done. Batch change worked a treat. Deleted the troublesome account and all is well with the new one.

I gotta say, I'm shocked that this was a Moneydance problem. I figured it was a Chase screw up for sure.

Thanks!

17. 17 Posted by -Kevin N. on 04 Jul, 2012 09:59 PM

Hi NewfD90,
    You're welcome.
    Must've been a couple of jammed bits and bytes that needed a push. :)
    I'm glad to hear that you've gotten things back to normal.
    -Kevin N.

18. 18 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 05 Jul, 2012 12:37 PM

NewfD90,

Glad to hear it's all working for you now! If anything else odd happens, or you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

19. 19 Posted by Mason on 10 Aug, 2012 05:18 PM

I had this same problem with 2 chase accounts. The problem started after I changed my password on both accounts. I was able to create new accounts and do the batch change on the transactions and now everything works just fine.

20. 20 Posted by Jim Henderson on 22 Aug, 2013 09:05 PM

This is the only fix that works (after trying virtually all other options): rename old account, add new account, add online banking, batch change from old account to new account, delete old account. Thanks to NewfD90. This should be in MoneyDance instructions (in a troubleshooting section).

21. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac